2009+ 370Z Axleback Exhaust
- Calculated at Checkout
Continuing in a long line of successful exhaust development for the sport compact and grand touring car markets, Nameless Performance is proud to announce the first of our exhaust offerings for the Nissan 370Z Coupe. As with the vast majority of production vehicles, the Nissan 370Z comes standard equipped with an exhaust system that is excellent at cancelling any and all tone from the factory engine, succeeding at producing an exhaust note akin to the sound of air moving, more air moving, and even more air moving. As is always our goal, we strive to return the exhaust tone to our customers vehicles and allow them to dictate both the note and amplitude of the exhaust through our modular, configurable exhaust systems.
Like most of our exhaust offerings, we began our design of the exhaust system on the 370Z with the axleback portion of the exhaust, featuring bolt-up factory fit flanges and hangers. This allows our customers to purchase their exhaust system one piece at a time or all at once. Manufactured entirely in our facility in Woodland, Washington, USA, we take pride in the details of our exhaust systems and invest the best into what we build for our customers:
- Configurable: Choose muffled or non-muffled to achieve your desired sound level and tone.
- CNC Mandrel Bent Tubing: Using our Ercolina CNC Mandrel Bender, we bend all of the tubing for our 370Z exhaust systems in-house, and we take great care to control our bending process for high-flow function and attractive cosmetic appearance. All of the tubing features a #4 brushed finish, with the exception of our tips which are mirror polished.
- 100% T304 Stainless Steel Construction, Precision Fabricated and Fitted Weldment: All of our exhaust systems start with superior in-house cutting and forming of all of the core components that go into the construction of our exhausts. And whether it's being painstakingly intolerant with sizing of mating parts to ensure a perfect weld, or taking the extra time to develop Go/No-Go fixturing and using a CNC press to ensure repeatable exhaust hanger positioning, we put in the extra effort so that you get a superior product.
- Hand TiG Welded: A huge portion of what makes our exhaust systems the quality and look that our customers expect is that all of our systems are hand TIG welded rather than auto-TIG welded like much of our overseas competition. Our exhausts are welded by hand, by a human operator who has control over all of the variables of the welding process to achieve a superior weld form. In stark contrast to this process, much of our competition uses an auto-TIG solution which automates the rod feeding and heat control and uses an unskilled laborer to simply rotate the seam of the part through the auto-tig system. The result is a weld form that is oversized, which results in an exponential increase in voids in the weld form in any instance where the overlap between these oversized weld convolutions does not fully cover the void in the previous pulse of the weld. While many of these auto-TIG welded exhausts look like they are similar in construction, they're anything but.
- TIG Welded In-House Fabricated Exhaust Tips: Featuring .065 wall T304 polished stainless finish and TIG welded seams, our tips are perfectly formed and arrive to you well cared for and meticulously constructed.
- Superior Muffler Design: Featuring a proprietary medium density ceramic wool packing material, proprietary stamped inlets and outlet caps for long term structural integrity, our mufflers retain their sound for years, and resist blowouts like can be found in the competition, a vast majority of whom simply use light density household fiberglass packing similar to house insulation in their mufflers. While the competition often times doesn't fully pack out mufflers and resonators, our vehicle-specific pre-cut packing blanks ensure that every customer gets the same sound and the same longevity of performance.
- Solid Hanger Bars: Our T304 Exhaust Hanger Bars integrated into all of our exhaust systems are made from solid bar stock, ensuring that your exhaust fits out of the box and stays where you left it.
A simple modification like the replacement of the back muffler box on a car can transform the day to day driving experience for the owner of the vehicle, and this exhaust is no different. We love to claim that the first and foremost benefit to our exhaust systems are that they sound incredible and really make driving more enjoyable. And for an axleback exhaust, while horsepower and torque gains can be modest (we usually see 8-10hp and 10-12 ft lb of torque gains in the midrange on an axleback exhaust), modifying a more comprehensive portion of the exhaust long term improves power far more than the initial replacement of the restrictive, baffled factory mufflers.
Beyond the sound signature and improvement in powerband, the most noticeable difference in the addition of our exhaust is the weight savings of 10-16 lbs depending on whether you choose the muffled or muffler delete version of the axleback.
Muffler Configuration: We offer the axleback portion of the exhaust system for the 370Z with an option of muffler. Take care to consider your choices based on your long term plans for the vehicle as it relates to adding other exhaust modifications. If you plan on modifying more of the exhaust long-term you may want to choose a muffling options to match your long term plans. We currently offer the following two muffler configurations:
- Muffler Delete: Removes the factory secondary muffler from the axleback exhaust and replaces it with a 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust tube. This provides a rich breadth of tone featuring highs, mids and lows across the powerband, with a louder overall exhaust note than the muffled option.
- 5" Diameter Muffler: This option is the same as the muffler delete, but adds our in-house Nameless Performance 5x6 muffler to each of the two circuits of the exhaust. The muffler cancels most of the high and some of the midrange frequencies resulting in a lower tone with a quieter overall amplitude.
Tip Design: This exhaust ships with a pair of 4" Single Wall Slash Cut exhaust tips. Single wall exhaust tips are made from a single T304 stainless tube that is lightly slash cut, dome formed and TIG welded to the exhaust system. The single wall design gives an aggressive, clean look that fits well with the overall size of the exhaust cutout in the bumper.
Installation & Hardware: Installation is a snap with basic hand tools. Removal of the factory exhaust requires removing four nuts and four exhaust hanger bushings from the factory muffler. Each side of our axleback exhaust system is then hung from the factory exhaust hanger bushings and attached over the factory midpipe exhaust studs. We provide upgraded serrated M10x1.25 flange nuts and replacement gaskets that are used when re-installing the upgraded exhaust. Hold the tips centered in the cutout in the bumper and tighten the nuts to ~20ft lb with hand tools. *Avoid using impact tools on the factory hardware or our provided hardware as the potential to damage the factory exhaust studs which are on the factory midpipe is very high when using impact tools.
We recommend choosing standard FedEx Ground shipping for a 1-5 day turnaround time depending on your location. Shipping prices range between roughly $15 and $30 for ground shipping to the lower 48 states. International and Alaska/Hawaii rates may vary. You can check your direct shipping cost by putting the parts in the shopping cart, choosing 'view cart' and then estimating the shipping using the tools in the cart. We also offer USPS Priority Shipping as well as a FedEx 2 Day and Overnight option, but generally recommend that our customers wait a few more days and invest that extra money into their car.