We are excited to announce our new axleback exhaust for the 2019+ Subaru Ascent. We were keen on getting and upgrading a Subaru Ascent and we were surprised at how much of the layout deviates from a later model conventional Subaru's like the Legacy or WRX/STi. Subaru has really made some sweeping changes and the result is a really nice SUV that we suspect will be the look of things to come as new model year vehicles are released from Subaru. The axleback provided us the standard opportunities to pick up some midrange torque and horsepower while bringing the tone back to an exhaust that otherwise has none. We were surprised at how quiet these vehicles are both without the exhaust as well as post-modification, and would highly advocate to consider choosing the muffler delete if you don't have any plans to make any further modifications to the exhaust. We suspect the downpipe and the resonator in the factory midpipe heavily contribute to the overall sound level of the exhaust, so keep that in mind when choosing a muffler option.
This Subaru Ascent exhaust installs in a snap, just four bolts and four exhaust hanger bushings to remove the factory exhaust. Optionally install the upgraded exhaust with four of our standard urethane exhaust hanger bushings to more firmly hold the upgraded exhaust in place if you plan on overlanding or off-roading the vehicle substantially. Or if you just like upgrading things, which many of us here also enjoy doing. Your secret is safe with us.
- Configurable: Choose a muffled or non-muffled dual exit system to achieve your desired sound level and tone.
- CNC Mandrel Bent Tubing: Using our Ercolina CNC Mandrel Bender, we bend all of the tubing for our Volkswagen exhaust systems in-house, and we take great care to control our bending process for high-flow function and attractive cosmetic appearance. All of the tubing features a #4 brushed finish, including the finish on the hand built exhaust tips.
- 100% T304 Stainless Steel Construction, Precision Fabricated and Fitted Weldment: All of our exhaust systems start with superior in-house cutting and forming of all of the core components that go into the construction of our exhausts. And whether it's being painstakingly intolerant with sizing of mating parts to ensure a perfect weld, or taking the extra time to develop Go/No-Go fixturing and using a CNC press brake to ensure repeatable exhaust hanger positioning, we put in the extra effort so that you get a superior product.
- Hand TiG Welded: A huge portion of what makes our exhaust systems the quality and look that our customers expect is that all of our systems are hand TIG welded rather than auto-TIG welded like much of our overseas competition. Our exhausts are welded by hand, by a human operator who has control over all of the variables of the welding process to achieve a superior weld form.
- Superior Muffler Design: Featuring a proprietary medium density ceramic wool packing material, proprietary stamped inlets and outlet caps for long term structural integrity, our mufflers retain their sound for years, and resist blowouts like can be found in the competition, many of whom simply use light density fiberglass packing similar to house insulation in their mufflers. While the competition often times doesn't fully pack out mufflers and resonators, our vehicle-specific pre-cut packing blanks ensure that every customer gets the same sound and the same longevity of performance.
- Solid Hanger Bars: Our T304 Exhaust Hanger Bars integrated into all of our exhaust systems are made from solid bar stock, ensuring that your exhaust fits out of the box and stays where you left it. They are CNC formed for a perfect fit. This is another area where we differ from the competition. Most commercially available exhaust hangers are tubular and 400 series ferritic stainless prone to excessive surface rust.
- Muffler Delete: Has a wider breadth of tone and an overall louder note out the back of the car.
- 5" Mufflers: Cancels the mid and high tones leaving a rich lower tone out the back of the car with quieter overall sound level.
Installation Guide - Axleback/Catback/Midpipe
Our urethane bushings hold your exhaust in place better that the factory rubber bushings and are highly recommended if you race your car or enjoy spirited driving. During hard cornering the exhaust "wags" left to right which sometimes causes the tips to touch the bumper. When this happens there is a chance your bumper can be damaged. The best way to avoid this is to use our urethane exhaust bushings to hold the exhaust in place.
- 4 Bushings: Replace all 4 rubber bushings on the axleback portion of the exhaust. Recommended for people who race their cars often.