Catback Exhaust - 2018+ Golf R, No Mufflers, 20% Off
- Calculated at Checkout
We are proud to offer the first in our series of Volkswagen performance stainless exhaust systems. Featuring the highest quality components and materials, entirely hand built and TIG welded in the USA. Golf R MK7.5 2018+
After a quick once-over of the factory exhaust it became clear to us that our standard offering of axleback + midpipe with factory fit connections was going to be a performance detriment on the Golf R, so we opted for a comprehensive replacement of the catback. This afforded us a unique opportunity to develop a turnkey exhaust system that once fully completed is connected entirely with v-band flanges from the turbocharger to the tailpipe. Manufactured entirely in our facility in Woodland, Washington, USA, we take pride in the details of our exhaust systems and invest the best into what we build for our customers:
- Configurable: Choose a muffled or non-muffled dual exit quad tip system to achieve your desired sound level and tone, with an optional additional single exit track pipe for days out at the track or just crusing around town playing the song of your people with your friends.
- CNC Mandrel Bent Tubing: Using our Ercolina CNC Mandrel Bender, we bend all of the tubing for our Volkswagen exhaust systems in-house, and we take great care to control our bending process for high-flow function and attractive cosmetic appearance. All of the tubing features a #4 brushed finish, including the finish on the hand built exhaust tips.
- 100% T304 Stainless Steel Construction, Precision Fabricated and Fitted Weldment: All of our exhaust systems start with superior in-house cutting and forming of all of the core components that go into the construction of our exhausts. And whether it's being painstakingly intolerant with sizing of mating parts to ensure a perfect weld, or taking the extra time to develop Go/No-Go fixturing and using a CNC press brake to ensure repeatable exhaust hanger positioning, we put in the extra effort so that you get a superior product.
- Hand TiG Welded: A huge portion of what makes our exhaust systems the quality and look that our customers expect is that all of our systems are hand TIG welded rather than auto-TIG welded like much of our overseas competition. Our exhausts are welded by hand, by a human operator who has control over all of the variables of the welding process to achieve a superior weld form. In stark contrast to this process, most of our competition uses an auto-TIG solution which automates the rod feeding and heat control and uses an unskilled laborer to simply rotate the seam of the part through the auto-tig system. The result is a weld form that is oversized, which results in an exponential increase in voids in the weld form in any instance where the overlap between these oversized weld convolutions does not fully cover the void in the previous pulse of the weld. While many of these auto-TIG welded exhausts look like they are similar in construction, they're anything but.
- TIG Welded In-House Fabricated Quad Exit Exhaust Tips: Featuring .065 wall T304 brushed stainless material, the entirety of our quad exit tip design starts as a bundle of straight tubing. To form the Y sections of our tips, we mandrel bend 2.5" tubing into a 180 degree U shape, then section the center out of it, place each of the segments into a CNC Machined fixture and tig weld them into a Y. That Y segment is then placed into our CNC mill where the inlet is milled for a perfect fit to the outlet of the exhaust. The tips themselves that are attached to this Y are equally handcrafted. Starting with 3.5" and 3" brushed tubing, we cut and form the two tubes into a double wall design that is then hand TIG welded, edge finished and re-brushed for a look that is unparalleled in the industry.
- Solid Hanger Bars: Our T304 Exhaust Hanger Bars integrated into all of our exhaust systems are made from solid bar stock, ensuring that your exhaust fits out of the box and stays where you left it. They are CNC formed for a perfect fit. This is another area where we differ from the competition. Most commercially available exhaust hangers are tubular and 400 series ferritic stainless prone to excessive surface rust.
The overall result is a catback exhaust that features an elegant design and look on the car with a user configurable sound based on you choice of mufflers.
Beyond the sound signature and improvement in powerband, the most noticeable difference in the addition of our exhaust is the weight savings of 15-18lb depending on muffler configuration.
Muffler Configuration: We offer both a muffled and non-muffled option for the Golf R catback. Take care to consider your choices based on your long term plans for the vehicle as it relates to adding other exhaust modifications. If you plan on modifying more of the exhaust long-term you may want to choose a muffling options to match your long term plans. We currently offer the following two muffler configurations:
- Muffler Delete: Removes the factory secondary muffler from the axleback exhaust and replaces it with a 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust tube. This provides a rich breadth of tone featuring highs, mids and lows across the powerband, with a louder overall exhaust note than the muffled option.
Tip Design: This exhaust ships with our Quad Staggered 3.5" Double Wall exhaust tips. These double wall tips are entirely manufactured in our facility, featuring CNC bending, forming and finish cutting on the Y sections. They are then hand tip welded throughout and TIG welded to the exhaust system. The straight cut staggered double wall design gives an aggressive, European look that fits well with the overall size of the exhaust cutout in the bumper.
Installation & Hardware: Installation is a snap with basic hand tools. All hardware is included for the catback with the front factory clamp being re-used.