We may not be known for European cars, but we are known for making great and affordable exhaust systems! We are proud to offer the second in our series of Volkswagen performance stainless exhaust systems for the 2018+ GTi MK7.5. Featuring the highest quality components and materials, entirely hand built and TIG welded in the USA. Get the best sound from that VW FSI!
DESIGN (warning lots of tech talk)
After a quick once-over of the factory exhaust it became clear to us that our standard offering of axle back + mid pipe with factory fit connections was going to be a performance detriment on the GTi, so we opted for a comprehensive replacement of the cat back. This afforded us a unique opportunity to develop a turnkey exhaust system that once fully completed is connected entirely with v-band flanges from the turbocharger to the tailpipe. Manufactured entirely in our facility in Woodland, Washington, USA, we take pride in the details of our exhaust systems and invest the best into what we build for our customers.
- Configurable: Choose a muffled or non-muffled dual exit quad tip system to achieve your desired sound level and tone, with an optional additional single exit track pipe for days out at the track or just cruising around town playing the song of your people with your friends.
- CNC Mandrel Bent Tubing: Using our Ercolina CNC Mandrel Bender, we bend all of the tubing for our Volkswagen exhaust systems in-house, and we take great care to control our bending process for high-flow function and attractive cosmetic appearance. All of the tubing features a #4 brushed finish, with a polished tip finish.
- 100% T304 Stainless Steel Construction, Precision Fabricated and Fitted Weldment: All of our exhaust systems start with superior in-house cutting and forming of all of the core components that go into the construction of our exhausts. And whether it's being painstakingly intolerant with sizing of mating parts to ensure a perfect weld, or taking the extra time to develop Go/No-Go fixtures and using a CNC press brake to ensure repeatable exhaust hanger positioning, we put in the extra effort so that you get a superior product.
- Hand TIG Welded: A huge portion of what makes our exhaust systems the quality and look that our customers expect is that all of our systems are hand TIG welded rather than auto-TIG welded like much of our overseas competition. Our exhausts are welded by hand, by a human operator who has control over all of the variables of the welding process to achieve a superior weld form. In stark contrast to this process, most of our competition uses an auto-TIG solution which automates the rod feeding and heat control and uses an unskilled laborer to simply rotate the seam of the part through the auto-tig system. The result is a weld form that is over sized, which results in an exponential increase in voids in the weld form in any instance where the overlap between these over sized weld convolutions does not fully cover the void in the previous pulse of the weld. While many of these auto-TIG welded exhausts look like they are similar in construction, they're anything but.
- TIG Welded In-House Fabricated Dual Exit Exhaust Tips: Featuring our polished T304 Stainless Hand TIG welded single wall 3.5" exhaust tips with a clean look.
- Superior Muffler Design: Featuring a proprietary medium density ceramic wool packing material, proprietary stamped inlets and outlet caps for long term structural integrity, our mufflers retain their sound for years, and resist blowouts like can be found in the competition, many of whom simply use light density household fiberglass packing similar to house insulation in their mufflers. While the competition often times doesn't fully pack out mufflers and resonators, our vehicle-specific pre-cut packing blanks ensure that every customer gets the same sound and the same longevity of performance.
- Solid Hanger Bars: Our T304 Exhaust Hanger Bars integrated into all of our exhaust systems are made from solid bar stock, ensuring that your exhaust fits out of the box and stays where you left it. They are CNC formed for a perfect fit. This is another area where we differ from the competition. Most commercially available exhaust hangers are tubular and 400 series ferritic stainless prone to excessive surface rust.
The overall result is a cat back exhaust that features an elegant design that enhances and look on the car with a user configurable sound based on you choice of mufflers.
Other than the fact it looks and sound FRIGGIN FANTASTIC! Another noticeable difference in our exhaust is the weight savings of 15-18 lbs depending on muffler configuration.
Muffler Configuration: We offer both a muffled and non-muffled option for the VW GTi cat back. Take care to consider your choices based on your long term plans for the vehicle as it relates to adding other exhaust modifications. If you plan on modifying more of the exhaust long-term you may want to choose a muffling options to match your long term plans. We currently offer the following two muffler configurations:
- Muffler Delete: Removes the factory secondary muffler from the axle back exhaust and replaces it with a 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust tube. This provides a rich variety of tones featuring highs, mids and lows across the entire power band. This is very loud and your neighbors may end up hating you.
- 5" Diameter Muffler: This option is the same as the muffler delete, but adds our in-house built Nameless Performance 5x6" muffler to each of the two circuits of the exhaust. The muffler cancels most of the high and some of the mid range frequencies resulting in a lower tone with a quieter overall amplitude. Sounds amazing at WOT and the best part is your neighbors may still not like you but you wont make it worse!
Installation & Hardware: Installation is quick and easy with basic hand tools. All hardware is included for the cat back with the front factory clamp being re-used.
2018 VW GTi
2019 VW GTi