Invidia Q300 / R400 / N1 Fit Muffler Delete Exhaust by Nameless Performance
- Calculated at Checkout
Ever have one of those days when you want to play the song of your people with your friends but you feel like you're just humming along in the audience? Well you wouldn't be the first of our customers who has wanted to get more sound out of their existing Invidia Q300, R400 Gemini or N1 exhaust by swapping to a Nameless Performance Muffler Delete Axleback. We get this question on a regular basis and hate to see our customers have to sell one product to buy another. So why not both!? Upgrading the axleback section of your existing exhaust provides you the benefit of now having two optional sound levels for your vehicle which can be swapped out with relative ease. The exhaust tips are 3.5" diameter and available in polished stainless or neochrome.
Featuring bolt-up factory fit flanges and hangers and manufactured in our facility in Woodland, Washington, USA, we take pride in the details of our exhaust systems and invest the best into what we build for our customers:
- Configurable: Choose an option of polished or neochrome tips.
- CNC Mandrel Bent Tubing: Using our Ercolina CNC Mandrel Bender, we bend all of the tubing for our muffler delete axleback exhaust systems in-house, and we take great care to control our bending process for high-flow function and attractive cosmetic appearance. All of the tubing features a #4 brushed finish, with the exception of our tips which are mirror polished.
- 100% T304 Stainless Steel Construction, Precision Fabricated and Fitted Weldment: All of our exhaust systems start with superior in-house cutting and forming of all of the core components that go into the construction of our exhausts. And whether it's being painstakingly intolerant with sizing of mating parts to ensure a perfect weld, or taking the extra time to develop Go/No-Go fixturing and using a CNC press to ensure repeatable exhaust hanger positioning, we put in the extra effort so that you get a superior product.
- Hand TiG Welded: A huge portion of what makes our exhaust systems the quality and look that our customers expect is that all of our systems are hand TIG welded rather than auto-TIG welded like much of our overseas competition. Our exhausts are welded by hand, by a human operator who has control over all of the variables of the welding process to achieve a superior weld form. In stark contrast to this process, much of our competition uses an auto-TIG solution which automates the rod feeding and heat control and uses an unskilled laborer to simply rotate the seam of the part through the auto-tig system. The result is a weld form that is oversized, which results in an exponential increase in voids in the weld form in any instance where the overlap between these oversized weld convolutions does not fully cover the void in the previous pulse of the weld. While many of these auto-TIG welded exhausts look like they are similar in construction, they're anything but.
- Solid Hanger Bars: Our T304 Exhaust Hanger Bars integrated into all of our exhaust systems are made from solid bar stock, ensuring that your exhaust fits out of the box and stays where you left it. Additionally, this system features a proprietary dual prong hanger system with urethane three hole exhaust hanger bushings included for a lightweight assembly that stays firmly in place on the vehicle during aggressive cornering.
A simple modification like the replacement of the back muffler box on a car can transform the day to day driving experience for the owner of the vehicle, and this exhaust is no different. We love to claim that the first and foremost benefit to our exhaust systems are that they sound incredible and really make driving more enjoyable. Baffled/chambered mufflers are an amazing invention of science, with the ability to cancel specific frequencies of sound to provide a near silent operation. For those of us who are enthusiasts, however, mufflers and resonators that are designed like the factory ones are provide us with zero feedback. Switching to a muffler delete promotes more tone across the powerband and a free flow exhaust design.
Beyond the sound signature and improvement in powerband, the most noticeable difference in the addition of our exhaust is the weight savings of 25 pounds!. The replacement of a packed and baffled muffler with a straight section of tubing or straight through muffler design generally nets 8-12ft lb on the STi and 6-8ft lb on the WRX.
Tip Configuration: We offer this axleback exhaust with 3.5" Single Wall tips to achieve a larger than stock sizing on the tip without being oversized. Optionally we offer two color configurations
- 3.5" Single Wall Polished: Features a quad staggered 3.5" single wall tip array (two per side, staggered similar to the factory tips with the inboard tip being slightly longer than the outboard tip), in a polished T304 Stainless Finish
- 3.5" Single Wall Neochrome: This option is the same as the option above with a blue titanium oxide / neochrome finish.
Installation & Hardware: Installation is a snap with basic hand tools. Removal of the factory exhaust requires removing four bolts and four exhaust hanger bushings from the Q300 / R400 / N1 muffler. Each side of our axleback exhaust system is then hung from the factory exhaust hanger bushings and bolted to the Q300 / N1 / R400 Gemini midpipe. We provide upgraded nuts, bolts and replacement gaskets that are used when re-installing the upgraded exhaust, as well as a pair of three hole urethane exhaust hanger bushings. Hold the tips centered in the cutout in the bumper and tighten the nuts to ~20ft lb with hand tools.
We recommend choosing standard FedEx Ground shipping for a 1-5 day turnaround time depending on your location. Shipping prices range between roughly $30-45 for ground shipping to the lower 48 states. International and Alaska/Hawaii rates may vary. You can check your direct shipping cost by putting the parts in the shopping cart, choosing 'view cart' and then estimating the shipping using the tools in the cart. We also offer USPS Priority Shipping as well as a FedEx 2 Day and Overnight option, but generally recommend that our customers wait a few more days and invest that extra money into their car.