Track Package Catback Exhaust - 2015-2021 WRX/ 2015-2018 STi
- Calculated at Checkout
No matter what your reason for needing a louder exhaust system on your vehicle, our track package catback should be your first stop. Whether it's to head to a track day on the weekends where you need to be able to hear the engine through your helmet rather than hawkeye the RPM gauge, or if you're simply looking to sing the song of your people on a cruise or outing with your local Subaru club, this quality stainless exhaust featuring v-band connections and brushed finish will achieve the goal. Already have our dual exit catback exhaust? You can easily swap between that system and this by picking up the Track Axleback Exhaust - 2015-2021 WRX/ 2015-2018 STi.
This exhaust starts as a bare bones catback featuring stainless construction and v-band connections throughout, a resonated front section and a long exit straight cut outlet for the base model, with a 4" single wall polished TIG welded tip option for an additional $60. Both options offer catback performance for midpipe pricing.
2015-2021 WRX, 2015-2018 STI
Does not fit the 2019+ STI
The layout of the exhaust follows the same two front segments as our tried and true dual exit catback exhaust, featuring a factory fit 3" donut gasket to connect to either the factory downpipe outlet or any aftermarket flat flange 3" downpipe without any restriction at the inlet of the midpipe. All of these catback exhausts come with a single short resonator to promote good sound quality without cutting the pop and crackle characteristics that our customer base has come to know and love out of their later model performance Subaru. The routing then continues around the differential and diagonally out the drivers side of the vehicle with an optional tip. Just like all of our exhaust systems, built right here in our Woodland, Washington facility, it features the following industry leading quality features:
- CNC Mandrel Bent Tubing: Using our Ercolina CNC Mandrel Bender, we bend all of the tubing for our exhaust systems in-house, and we take great care to control our bending process for high-flow function and attractive cosmetic appearance. All of the tubing features a #4 brushed finish, with the exhaust tip featuring a mirror polished finish.
- 100% T304 Stainless Steel Construction, Precision Fabricated and Fitted Weldment: All of our exhaust systems start with superior in-house cutting and forming of all of the core components that go into the construction of our exhausts. And whether it's being painstakingly intolerant with sizing of mating parts to ensure a perfect weld, or taking the extra time to develop Go/No-Go fixturing and using a CNC press brake to ensure repeatable exhaust hanger positioning, we put in the extra effort so that you get a superior product.
- Hand TiG Welded: A huge portion of what makes our exhaust systems the quality and look that our customers expect is that all of our systems are hand TIG welded rather than auto-TIG welded like much of our overseas competition. Our exhausts are welded by hand, by a human operator who has control over all of the variables of the welding process to achieve a superior weld form. In stark contrast to this process, most of our competition uses an auto-TIG solution which automates the rod feeding and heat control and uses an unskilled laborer to simply rotate the seam of the part through the auto-tig system. The result is a weld form that is oversized, which results in an exponential increase in voids in the weld form in any instance where the overlap between these oversized weld convolutions does not fully cover the void in the previous pulse of the weld. While many of these auto-TIG welded exhausts look like they are similar in construction, they're anything but.
- Solid Hanger Bars: Our T304 Exhaust Hanger Bars integrated into all of our exhaust systems are made from solid bar stock, ensuring that your exhaust fits out of the box and stays where you left it. They are CNC formed for a perfect fit. This is another area where we differ from the competition. Most commercially available exhaust hangers are tubular and 400 series ferritic stainless prone to excessive surface rust.
- Urethane Exhaust Hanger Bushing Included: We designed this exhaust for maximum weight savings, utilizing a single two pin hanger and urethane hanger bushing to minimize overall size and weight without compromising the retention of the exhaust system.
A simple modification like the replacement of the catback exhaust on a car can transform the day to day driving experience for the owner of the vehicle, and this exhaust is no different. We love to claim that the first and foremost benefit to our exhaust systems are that they sound incredible and really make driving more enjoyable. Baffled/chambered factory mufflers are an amazing invention of science, with the ability to cancel specific frequencies of sound to provide a near silent operation. For those of us who are enthusiasts, however, mufflers and resonators that are designed like the factory ones are provide us with zero feedback. Switching to a straight through non-muffled design brings the tone back to the exhaust for a wider breadth of sound as well as a louder overall decibel range.
The overall result is a catback exhaust that features an elegant design with a strong exhaust note.
Beyond the sound signature and improvement in powerband, the most noticeable difference in the addition of our exhaust is the weight savings of nearly 25lb, perfect for those weekend track days or every day driving..
Tip Design: This exhaust is offered both without a tip (diagonal trackside exit through the passenger side bumper valence cutout) or with a 4" single wall TIG welded mirror polished tip. There i a $60 premium for the addition of the tip.
Installation & Hardware: Installation is a snap with basic hand tools. Removal of the factory exhaust requires removing two fasteners and five exhaust hanger bushings from the factory muffler. Our replacement axleback exhaust is then hung from the factory hanger bushings. All required hardware and gaskets are provided, as well as an included three hole exhaust hanger bushing for the rear-most exhaust hanger on the exhaust system.
We recommend choosing standard FedEx Ground shipping for a 1-5 day turnaround time depending on your location. Shipping prices range between roughly $30-45 for ground shipping to the lower 48 states. International and Alaska/Hawaii rates may vary. You can check your direct shipping cost by putting the parts in the shopping cart, choosing 'view cart' and then estimating the shipping using the tools in the cart. We also offer USPS Priority Shipping as well as a FedEx 2 Day and Overnight option, but generally recommend that our customers wait a few more days and invest that extra money into their car.