2009+ 370Z Midpipe
- Calculated at Checkout
Continuing in a long line of successful exhaust development for the sport compact and grand touring car markets, Nameless Performance is proud to announce our midpipe for the Nissan 370Z Coupe. As with the vast majority of production vehicles, the Nissan 370Z comes standard equipped with an exhaust system that is excellent at cancelling any and all tone from the factory engine, succeeding at producing an exhaust note akin to the sound of air moving, more air moving, and even more air moving. As is always our goal, we strive to return the exhaust tone to our customers vehicles and allow them to dictate both the note and amplitude of the exhaust through our modular, configurable exhaust systems.
Our factory fit midpipe offers a free flowing alternative to the factory baffled muffling system. This allows our customers to purchase their exhaust system one piece at a time or all at once. Manufactured entirely in our facility in Woodland, Washington, USA, we take pride in the details of our exhaust systems and invest the best into what we build for our customers:
- CNC Mandrel Bent Tubing: Using our Ercolina CNC Mandrel Bender, we bend all of the tubing for our 370Z exhaust systems in-house, and we take great care to control our bending process for high-flow function and attractive cosmetic appearance. All of the tubing features a #4 brushed finish, with the exception of our tips which are mirror polished.
- 100% T304 Stainless Steel Construction, Precision Fabricated and Fitted Weldment: All of our exhaust systems start with superior in-house cutting and forming of all of the core components that go into the construction of our exhausts. And whether it's being painstakingly intolerant with sizing of mating parts to ensure a perfect weld, or taking the extra time to develop Go/No-Go fixturing and using a CNC press to ensure repeatable exhaust hanger positioning, we put in the extra effort so that you get a superior product.
- Hand TIG Welded: A huge portion of what makes our exhaust systems the quality and look that our customers expect is that all of our systems are hand TIG welded rather than auto-TIG welded like much of our overseas competition. Our exhausts are welded by hand, by a human operator who has control over all of the variables of the welding process to achieve a superior weld form. In stark contrast to this process, much of our competition uses an auto-TIG solution which automates the rod feeding and heat control and uses an unskilled laborer to simply rotate the seam of the part through the auto-tig system. The result is a weld form that is oversized, which results in an exponential increase in voids in the weld form in any instance where the overlap between these oversized weld convolutions does not fully cover the void in the previous pulse of the weld. While many of these auto-TIG welded exhausts look like they are similar in construction, they're anything but.
- Proprietary V-Band Connections: All of our 3" V-Band connections feature a proprietary long flange design with stepped inlet and outlet as well as a stepped interface between the two flanges. The long flanges keep the heat from the welding process out of the flange to prevent surface warping. The stepped interface ensures a tight fit and seal. The clamps we offer feature a latch over design for easy installation and quick change for those of you who are competing in motorsport and have fixed service intervals at events.
- Solid Hanger Bars: Our T304 Exhaust Hanger Bars integrated into all of our exhaust systems are made from solid bar stock, ensuring that your exhaust fits out of the box and stays where you left it.
Baffled/chambered mufflers are an amazing invention of science, with the ability to cancel specific frequencies of sound to provide a near silent operation. For those of us who are enthusiasts, however, mufflers and resonators that are designed like the factory ones are provide us with zero feedback. Likewise, the closer they get to the engine in the exhaust system, the more they restrict the still hot expanding exhaust gas. As exhaust gas travels further back in the system it cools and requires less flow capacity to flow at the same rate. To improve the upstream performance of the exhaust, we replaced the factory 2" exhaust tubing with 2.25" tubing for a substantial improvement in factory exhaust flow. By adding a pair of small diameter lightweight resonators, our system reduces the rasp inherent in non resonated exhausts without effecting the high frequency noises that make V6 exhausts sound great. Beyond the sound signature and improvement in powerband, the most noticeable difference in the addition of our exhaust is the weight savings. With the factory midpipe weighing in three pounds heavier than our alternative, adding the midpipe brings your overall weight savings to 15-18lbs depending on which axleback you have from us. The result is a midpipe that is an excellent replacement for the factory unit in a higher grade of stainless with a better flow characteristic. Truly a perfect combination for our axleback exhaust to complete your catback today.
Installation & Hardware: Installation is a snap with basic hand tools. Removal of the factory exhaust requires removing four nuts and four exhaust hanger bushings from the factory muffler. Each side of our axleback exhaust system is then hung from the factory exhaust hanger bushings and attached over the factory midpipe exhaust studs. We provide upgraded serrated M10x1.25 flange nuts and replacement gaskets that are used when re-installing the upgraded exhaust. Hold the tips centered in the cutout in the bumper and tighten the nuts to ~20ft lb with hand tools. *Avoid using impact tools on the factory hardware or our provided hardware as the potential to damage the factory exhaust studs which are on the factory midpipe is very high when using impact tools.
We recommend choosing standard FedEx Ground shipping for a 1-5 day turnaround time depending on your location. Shipping prices range between roughly $30-55 for ground shipping to the lower 48 states. International and Alaska/Hawaii rates may vary. You can check your direct shipping cost by putting the parts in the shopping cart, choosing 'view cart' and then estimating the shipping using the tools in the cart. We also offer USPS Priority Shipping as well as a FedEx 2 Day and Overnight option, but generally recommend that our customers wait a few more days and invest that extra money into their car.