3" Header-Back Exhaust - 2017+ BRZ/GT-86
- Calculated at Checkout
Here it is, the street package for the 2017+ Subaru BRZ/Toyota GT-86. This package includes our Dual Exit 3" Axleback, 3" resonated midpipe, and our 3" High Flow Cat Downpipe with resonator. Bundling these this way saves significantly on shipping.
This exhaust is intended for people who have forced induction planned for their car, or for owners who are staying N/A and want every last drop of power you can wring from the exhaust.
*Disclaimer: this exhaust will be loud with no turbocharger*
The 3" Overpipe/Downpipe Combo replaces both the overpipe and the downpipe, thereby opening up the connection between the header and the catback exhaust. Ideal for high horsepower naturally aspirated and forced induction vehicles, the 3" diameter has netted the highest numbers on all of our forced induction and long tube header development vehicles. From a turbocharged perspective, the net gains on a 3" exhaust vs. the factory diameter are quite substantially, often netting upwards of 50ft lb of torque over factory exhaust diameters. For naturally aspirated vehicles running our long tube 4-2-1 Header and factory intake manifold, gains as high as 49ft lb at the wheels have been seen with the full 3" exhaust and tune.
Featuring mandrel bent T304 stainless TIG welded construction and gusseted hanger, this design is a must have for those enthusiasts wanting to get the most power out of their BRZ / 86 / FR-S. Utilizing an SCCA legal 200 Cell catalytic converter and a 3" straight through design resonator allows us to reuglate tone and keep it emissions friendly. At the aft end of the overpipe/downpipe, a 3" donut gasket is used to connect the outlet to any 3" midpipe. A flat gasket can be arranged if the catback exhaust is a flat flange or reduced diameter. Make sure to let us know what you're attaching the part to so that we can send the appropriate parts.
This product is not compatible with the AT transmission.
Our axleback has a 3" inlet which is larger than stock but not too large. The 3" main circuit then splits to two 2" pipes. Both 2" circuits terminate in 4" diameter tips that sit flush with the bumper. This makes the car look like it should have from the factory.
The weight of our axleback is 17 pounds compared to the 25 pound stock muffler.
The axleback produces almost no peak HP but fills in the valley that is typical of this new direct injected boxer 4.
- No Mufflers: This is also known as a Muffler Delete. This is louder than the other two options for obvious reasons, but still sounds good. In-cabin noise is greater than that of the muffled options as well. This option is good if you want the "race car" sound with out the unfinished "race car" look and you are not planning on upgrading other portions of your exhaust. A Caveat here, if you are sensitive to noise or don't like loud exhaust, this option is not for you
- 5" Mufflers: The dimensions of these hand built mufflers are 5" diameter with a body length of 8" and offset inlet/outlet. These mufflers are the best option for a nice smooth exhaust note. The tone is nice and deep with volume being mellow with stock exhaust otherwise. When you decide to upgrade to an aftermarket downpipe or overpipe/downpipe combo, this exhaust really comes alive while remaining deep and smooth sounding. This axleback even keeps the volume down at a tolerable level with our catless header.
We get a lot of people asking what the exhaust bushings are good for. Here is your answer:
- 0 Bushings: This means you are using your factory rubber exhaust hanger bushings. These work fine for most people, they are very flexible and allow the exhaust to move around a lot. The tip alignment will change more with these tips than with our urethane bushings.
- 2 Bushings: We recommend this option for those of you who either drive your car hard on the street or race your occasionally at the track. The 2 urethane bushings you get from us should replace the two bushings in the rear of the car closest to the bumper.
- 4 Bushings: This is for people who race their cars often. the 4 bushings you get from us replace all 4 bushings on the axleback portion of the exhaust.
- 5 Bushings: For those of you who are hard core autocrossers or circuit racers. All 5 of the factory bushings are replaced with our bushings.