Axleback Exhaust, 2011-2014 WRX / 2008-2014 STi Hatchback - 5" Muffler - 4" Single Wall Tips
- Calculated at Checkout
The ultimate catback for the '08-14 STi Hatchback, this setup is ALL BUSINESS in the looks and the sound department. Features 5 Inch Muffled and 4 Inch Single Wall Tips.
We wanted to develop a high flow, yet low drone design for the hatchback WRX & STi. Larger passenger compartment usually results in higher potential for drone and nobody wants their passengers with a headache on long trips. The result was a 3" into dual 2.25" axle back featuring quad double wall tips in a stunning staggered formation. These systems are all stainless T304, TIG welded construction that is handbuilt to order in Washington State USA. No biased flow one sided exhaust here like you may find on so many systems that use a baffled suitcase muffler. Minimized cabin drone and incredible sound out the back of the car.
Each axle back comes complete with a new hardware kit for installation.
Questions about tip style? Click HERE
- No Mufflers: Get the sound of a full catback in an axleback with our muffler delete option. Full breadth of sound signature with highs, mids and low tones. Low key at low throttle, rowdy at wide open. Plenty of pops and crackles on rev-matched downshifts when the exhaust is warmed up.
- 5" Mufflers: This is our new design that uses our in-house mufflers. We build each of these mufflers by hand here in our shop with our usual ridiculous attention to detail. This "Less Quiet" version uses 2 mufflers that measure 6" long and 5" outer diameter. Despite their small size, these mufflers are extremely effective. This is about a 5 on the scale where stock = 0. They will hear you when they see you, and the tone of this exhaust is a huge upgrade from the factory boredom.
Please keep in mind that we only trust extremely skilled craftsmen to build your parts. Qualified welders who are able to meet our standards in both fit and finish are extremely hard to find and as a result are very expensive. The end result is the highest quality, most functional product that is also would fit right in during an art exhibit.
This axleback does not work with the SPT factory exhaust systems, you'll need a full catback to replace that system.
We include a gasket that combines with the stock gasket to adapt this 3" axle back to the factory mid pipe.
If you are looking for the cat-back, check out our main exhaust product page and filter by catback.
Our urethane bushings hold your exhaust in place better that the factory rubber bushings and are highly recommended if you race your car or enjoy spirited driving. During hard cornering the exhaust "wags" left to right which sometimes causes the tips to touch the bumper. When this happens there is a chance your bumper can be damaged. The best way to avoid this is to use our urethane exhaust bushings to hold the exhaust in place.
- 2 Bushings: Replace the two bushings at the rear of the car closest to the bumper. Recommend for those who either drive hard on the street or race occasionally at the track.
- 4 Bushings: Replace all 4 rubber bushings on the axleback portion of the exhaust. Recommended for people who race their cars often.
- 5 Bushings: Replace all 5 of the factory rubber bushings from the midpipe back. Recommended for those who are hard core autocrossers or circuit racers.
4" Single Wall