Axleback Exhaust - 2024+ Crosstrek 2.5L - Dual Chamber - Turndown
- Calculated at Checkout
The exhaust note you want without disrupting your passengers
We have had a ton of success in satisfying customers with our dual chamber exhaust systems on everything from high strung sports cars like the BRZ and Genesis 3.8R all the way through the ranks of all wheel drive Subarus. The trend toward CVT transmissions in these cars has brought us a lot more demand and we have invested accordingly. And now it's available for your '24+ Crosstrek to target the frequency of the FB25.
What exactly is a dual chamber exhaust?
Short answer: It's like a mechanical pair of noise cancelling headphones for your exhaust system. We evaluate the drone frequency of a loud exhaust on the vehicle using a frequency analyzer. We then take this target frequency along with other data from the vehicle to effectively build a really shiny coke bottle on the side of the exhaust. You heard us right - a coke bottle - you know when you blow in the top and it makes a sound – same thing here. We engineer a dead resonator with no outlet to produce a frequency that is a quarter wavelength out from the offending cabin drone, and thereby cancel it with science. "YEAH, MR. WHITE! YEAH, SCIENCE!"
This system offers the same crisp exhaust notes that our 5" muffled systems on the outside of the vehicle, while reducing cabin noise in the lower cruising RPM ranges you'd experience on the freeway or climbing a hill under load in drive. Literally the best of both worlds - ultra mild at cruise, and an appropriate growl inside and outside when you feel like doing some "spirited driving".
And even those customers who had the most issue with drone in standard systems are raving:
"New helmholtz exhaust designed by @namelessperformance received and installed. Impressive build, quality, and sound... and most importantly for my wife, absolutely no drone in the cabin. Nameless hit a home run with this one. Thank you!"
- Tuned Helmholtz Resonator: Just like a coke bottle makes a noise when you blow in the top, our dual chamber helmholtz resonator is installed in parallel with the exhaust in order to generate a response frequency that is the inverse of cabin drone. We monitor cabin noise, exhaust gas temperature and calculate the perfect chamber and neck sizing to generate a frequency that is a quarter wavelength off from the cabin drone. Literally mechanical noise cancelling headphones for your exhaust.
- Stainless Construction: No more wondering how many more days your factory resonator will last before it showers your plastic fuel tank with hot exhaust gas. Our parts feature real T304 certified stainless, not the cut rate stuff other brands often substitute. Longevity against the elements just leveled up!
- Glorious sound: With a warm tone at cruise and a clean interior sound note. Keep your foot light, it's warm and low key. Stomp the throttle, it comes to life. Want something more rowdy or more audible interior exhaust note? We offer those, too.
- High ground clearance: Our factory style turndown tips have great ground clearance similar to stock.
- Factory Fit: Just what it says - this system bolts right up, factory fit, no cutting or welding required.
- Available catback upgrade: All modular system means you can upgrade the axleback now and wait until your factory midpipe starts to fail inspection before completing the catback with our stainless midpipe.
- Easy Installation: The axleback is a 15 minute install, tops, a great starting project for a newfound automotive enthusiast, and "CAKE!" as our more experience customers have described the installation.
- Configurable Look: We offer 3 different styles of axleback options from this turndown factory style, to this single exit all the way up to our quad exit options - and for 2024, all are available with this dual chamber solution.
- Configurable Sound: You thought 3 styles of exhaust was cool? We have a variety of sound levels in each of those. This system features our dual chamber drone cancelling system, the most tame of our offerings in the car while retaining our standard goldilocks 5" muffled tone out the back of the car. We also offer a standard 5" muffled system, oversized executive muffler for quieter sound outside the car, and our muffler delete that is an aggressive counterpoint to this dual chamber. But lets be honest, if you landed here, you probably know exactly what you want and it's happy passengers and still a great sound.
- Best Value For Money: It's easy to get swayed by low prices, but paying 2/3rds as much as the best and getting 1/3rd of the quality and sound is a false economy. Take your time. Like Ricky Bobby says, "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." Maybe it was Ben Franklin, we digress.
Need more guidance? That is why we are here! Reach out to our team to discuss your goals and which of our exhausts will best meet them.
We are available most hours of the day on our chat system (real people, never bots) to discuss your build, look and sound requirements and we can tailor a system to meet your needs perfectly. We have been in this business for 14 years and have over one hundred thousand happy customers. Lots of opportunity for us to build the skills we need to get you the parts you want. You can also pick up the phone and reach out to us at 360.263.5001 and we can talk you through it.
Fits 2024+ Crosstrek with OEM or our upgraded midpipe. Specifically for the FB25 Engine only! This will not work on the 2024+ Crosstrek Base or Premium. Looking for a unit that will work with that engine size, check out our Dual Chamber for the 2.0 liter.
Each axle back exhaust system comes with a full hardware kit and gasket for a simple and clean installation.