Catback Exhaust - 1990-1997 Miata - 5" Mufflers
- Calculated at Checkout
We had a good friend roll into the shop with the cleanest NA chassis Miata we had seen in years. We had to build an exhaust for it, and when we were done we had a product that we were really excited about offering to the public. Featuring TIG Welded, CNC Mandrel Bent T304 stainless tubing and superior muffler design, the result is a turnkey factory fit catback exhaust that sound excellent and is quality built by hand right here in Woodland, Washington.
- Configurable: Choose a muffled or non-muffled dual exit quad tip system to achieve your desired sound level and tone, with an optional additional single exit track pipe for days out at the track or just crusing around town playing the song of your people with your friends.
- CNC Mandrel Bent Tubing: Using our Ercolina CNC Mandrel Bender, we bend all of the tubing for our exhaust systems in-house, and we take great care to control our bending process for high-flow function and attractive cosmetic appearance. All of the tubing features a #4 brushed finish, with a polished tip finish.
- 100% T304 Stainless Steel Construction, Precision Fabricated and Fitted Weldment: All of our exhaust systems start with superior in-house cutting and forming of all of the core components that go into the construction of our exhausts. And whether it's being painstakingly intolerant with sizing of mating parts to ensure a perfect weld, or taking the extra time to develop Go/No-Go fixturing and using a CNC press brake to ensure repeatable exhaust hanger positioning, we put in the extra effort so that you get a superior product.
- Hand TiG Welded: A huge portion of what makes our exhaust systems the quality and look that our customers expect is that all of our systems are hand TIG welded rather than auto-TIG welded like much of our overseas competition. Our exhausts are welded by hand, by a human operator who has control over all of the variables of the welding process to achieve a superior weld form. In stark contrast to this process, most of our competition uses an auto-TIG solution which automates the rod feeding and heat control and uses an unskilled laborer to simply rotate the seam of the part through the auto-tig system. The result is a weld form that is oversized, which results in an exponential increase in voids in the weld form in any instance where the overlap between these oversized weld convolutions does not fully cover the void in the previous pulse of the weld. While many of these auto-TIG welded exhausts look like they are similar in construction, they're anything but.
- TIG Welded In-House Fabricated Exhaust Tips: Featuring our polished T304 Stainless Hand TIG welded single wall 3.5" exhaust tips with a clean look.
- Superior Muffler Design: Featuring a proprietary medium density ceramic wool packing material, proprietary stamped inlets and outlet caps for long term structural integrity, our mufflers retain their sound for years, and resist blowouts like can be found in the competition, many of whom simply use light density household fiberglass packing similar to house insulation in their mufflers. While the competition often times doesn't fully pack out mufflers and resonators, our vehicle-specific pre-cut packing blanks ensure that every customer gets the same sound and the same longevity of performance.
- Solid Hanger Bars: Our T304 Exhaust Hanger Bars integrated into all of our exhaust systems are made from solid bar stock, ensuring that your exhaust fits out of the box and stays where you left it. They are CNC formed for a perfect fit. This is another area where we differ from the competition. Most commercially available exhaust hangers are tubular and 400 series ferritic stainless prone to excessive surface rust.
We are excited to offer this superior exhaust to the NA Miata community. These cars are improving in value and a well rounded long term exhaust solution is a perfect match for the appreciation of these great cars.