Catback Exhaust - 2015-2017 Legacy 2.5 - Dual Chamber With 5" Muffler
- Calculated at Checkout
Dual Chamber Legacy Catback Exhaust: Kill the cabin drone but keep the sporty exhaust note.
We know how it goes, you've been on the fence on adding an exhaust to your Legacy, you have the CVT and worry about cabin drone with upgraded sound. Look no further, we have you covered. Through the magic of science, we have engineered an exhaust that keeps its improved note outside the car but has the cabin drone frequency silenced. "YEAH, SCIENCE!"
Give your rusty factory catback a break and swap it out for a TIG welded stainless system that is made entirely in the USA. This muffled catback is painstakingly fabricated and hand TIG welded from the center resonator through the 5" ceramic woold packed muffler and out the 4" polished stainless single wall exhaust tip out the back. What's better? The midpipe gives you better ground clearance than OEM and fits with the majority of trailer hitches on the market. This configuration is our standard size 5" muffler with our drone cancelling dual chamber resonator for a warm rich sound signature that isn't afraid to bark at wide open throttle, but won't annoy your passengers in the back seat with cabin drone on long trips due to its Helmholtz resonator. Other configuraitons available feature larger mufflers and muffler delete options - check them out on the main '15-17 Legacy category.
- Tuned Helmholtz Resonator: Just like a coke bottle makes a noise when you blow in the top, our dual chamber helmholtz resonator is installed in parallel with the exhaust in order to generate a response frequency that is the inverse of cabin drone. We monitor cabin noise, exhaust gas temperature and calculate the perfect chamber and neck sizing to generate a frequency that is a quarter wavelength off from the cabin drone. Literally mechanical noise cancelling headsphones for your exhaust.
- Improved Ground Clearance: The midpipe in this catback is designed to tuck under the car better than factory for added ground clearance on lowered vehicles or adventures off road.
- Stainless Construction: No more wondering how many more days your factory resonator will last before it showers your plastic fuel tank with hot exhaust gas. Our parts feature real T304 certified stainless, not the cut rate stuff other brands often substitute. Longevity against the elements just leveled up!
- Glorious sound: With a warm tone at cruise and a clean interior sound note. Keep your foot light, it's warm and low key. Stomp the throttle, it comes to life. Want something more rowdy or more audible interior exhaust note? We offer those, too.
- Great Looks: Our hand finished brushed stainless tip is a tailored finishing touch that is easy to maintain and keep clean with scotch brite - easy to maintain - no museum white gloves required and no worries about scratching the polished finish if you want to wipe them off while you're getting gas.
- Factory Fit: Just what it says - this system bolts right up, features a conical mount at the front to work with the factory style ball joint gasket at the header, and the axleback can be swapped out for any other configuration including the factory parts. All modular.
- Latch-Over V-Band Connections: IYKYK, if not, these flanges are a stainless ring with tapered shoulders and a latching clamp that seals it all together. No loose hardware to fuss with. Our proprietary design features a longer than standard flange length to prevent warping during the weld process and feature a nested ledge for perfect seal and flow.
- Easy Installation: The axleback is a 15 minute install, tops, midpipe requires jackstands and a jack or a lift to access under the car, but the install is just five bolts and one hanger. Easy adjustment using our clockable front segment of the midpipe to achieve perfect fit on the car.
- Configurable Look: Our systems are fully modular, you can build this catback by starting with the axleback section first and adding a midpipe.
- Configurable Sound: You thought 3 styles of exhaust was cool? We have a variety of sound levels in each of those. This system features our dual chamber drone cancelling system, the most tame of our offerings in the car while retaining our standard goldilocks 5" muffled tone out the back of the car. We also offer a standard 5" muffled system, oversized executive muffler for quieter sound outside the car, and our muffler delete that is an aggressive counterpoint to this dual chamber. But lets be honest, if you landed here, you probably know exactly what you want and it's happy passengers and still a great sound.
- Best Value For Money: It's easy to get swayed by low prices, but paying 2/3rds as much as the best and getting 1/3rd of the quality and sound is a false economy. Take your time. Like Ricky Bobby says, "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." Maybe it was Ben Franklin, we digress.
Need more guidance? That is why we are here! Reach out to our team to discuss your goals and which of our exhausts will best meet them.
We are available most hours of the day on our chat system (real people, never bots) to discuss your build, look and sound requirements and we can tailor a system to meet your needs perfectly. We have been in this business for 14 years and have over one hundred thousand happy customers. Lots of opportunity for us to build the skills we need to get you the parts you want. You can also pick up the phone and reach out to us at 360.263.5001 and we can talk you through it.