2020+ Outback 2.5i Dual Chamber Axleback
- Calculated at Checkout
Ever wish you could have an exhaust that was quiet when you want quiet yet aggressive when you want aggressive? Wish no more! Our new Dual Chamber 2020+ Outback 2.5i exhaust system is here!
This system offers the same crisp exhaust notes that our 5" muffled systems on the outside of the vehicle, while reducing cabin noise in the low RPM ranges. literally the best of both worlds - ultra mild at cruise, and an appropriate growl inside and outside when you feel like doing some "spirited driving".
Featuring both a 5" conventional "zero-restriction muffler" and a frequency tuned "helmholtz" resonator, these upgraded exhaust systems are a perfect fit on your 2020+ Outback 2.5i. Want to know more about the science behind this design? Check out our our blog article, "Calculating The Perfect Exhaust Note." Don't care about the science and just want the results? Visit our YouTube page or click the video below to hear how it sounds!
"New helmholtz exhaust designed by @namelessperformance received and installed. Impressive build, quality, and sound... and most importantly for my wife, absolutely no drone in the cabin. Nameless hit a home run with this one. Thank you!" was what our first customer had to say about this after driving the 5" muffler and wanting to have less cabin noise.
Our new axle back exhaust for the 2020 + Subaru Outback 2.5i. Featuring industry leading design and manufacturing, our axle back exhaust system for the 2020 Outback 2.5i are a direct factory fit to the OEM midpipe. Removing the very heavy factory muffler in lieu of lightweight stainless mandrel bent and TIG welded units from Nameless Performance.
The exhaust installs in a snap, just two bolts and two exhaust hanger bushings to remove the factory exhaust. Optionally install the upgraded exhaust with two of our standard urethane exhaust hanger bushings to more firmly hold the upgraded exhaust in place if you plan on any serious driving or off-roading the vehicle substantially. Or, if you just like upgrading things to upgrade them. Your secret is safe with us.
- Configurable: Choose this dual chamber or our other standard muffled or non-muffled system to achieve your desired sound level and tone.
- CNC Mandrel Bent Tubing: Using our Ercolina CNC Mandrel Bender, we bend all of the tubing for our Volkswagen exhaust systems in-house, and we take great care to control our bending process for high-flow function and attractive cosmetic appearance. All of the tubing features a #4 brushed finish, including the finish on the hand built exhaust tips.
- 100% T304 Stainless Steel Construction, Precision Fabricated and Fitted Weldment: All of our exhaust systems start with superior in-house cutting and forming of all of the core components that go into the construction of our exhausts. And whether it's being painstakingly intolerant with sizing of mating parts to ensure a perfect weld, or taking the extra time to develop Go/No-Go fixturing and using a CNC press brake to ensure repeatable exhaust hanger positioning, we put in the extra effort so that you get a superior product.
- Hand TiG Welded: A huge portion of what makes our exhaust systems the quality and look that our customers expect is that all of our systems are hand TIG welded rather than auto-TIG welded like much of our overseas competition. Our exhausts are welded by hand, by a human operator who has control over all of the variables of the welding process to achieve a superior weld form.
- Superior Muffler Design: Featuring a proprietary medium density ceramic wool packing material, proprietary stamped inlets and outlet caps for long term structural integrity, our mufflers retain their sound for years, and resist blowouts like can be found in the competition, many of whom simply use light density fiberglass packing similar to house insulation in their mufflers. While the competition often times doesn't fully pack out mufflers and resonators, our vehicle-specific pre-cut packing blanks ensure that every customer gets the same sound and the same longevity of performance.
- Solid Hanger Bars: Our T304 Exhaust Hanger Bars integrated into all of our exhaust systems are made from solid bar stock, ensuring that your exhaust fits out of the box and stays where you left it. They are CNC formed for a perfect fit. This is another area where we differ from the competition. Most commercially available exhaust hangers are tubular and 400 series ferric stainless prone to excessive surface rust.
Fits 2020+ Outback 2.5i NON Turbo, All Trim Levels. Includes a new hardware kit for installation.