Dual Exit Axleback Exhaust - BRZ/GT86 2017+
- Calculated at Checkout
Here it is, the Axleback for the 2017 Subaru BRZ/Toyota GT-86. We use dual 4"Single Wall tips that fit the bumper nicely unlike the other exhausts out there with cartoon sized tips.
Our axleback has a 2.5" or 3.0" inlet which is larger than stock but not too large. Both split the main circuit to two 2" pipes. Both 2" circuits terminate in 4" diameter tips that sit flush with the bumper. This makes the car look like it should have from the factory.
The 3" inlet is intended for those looking to build a max hp N/A build, or going with some kind of forced induction. The 2.5" inlet is intended for the majority of people looking to keep the car N/A, and has a slightly quieter output than the 3"
The weight of our axleback is 17 pounds compared to the 25 pound stock muffler.
The axleback produces almost no peak HP but fills in the valley that is typical of this new direct injected boxer 4.
- No Mufflers: This is also known as a Muffler Delete. This is louder than the other two options for obvious reasons, but still sounds good. In cabin noise is greater than that of the muffled options as well. This option is good if you want the "race car" sound with out the unfinished "race car" look and you are not planning on upgrading other portions of your exhaust. A Caveat here, if you are sensitive to noise or don't like loud exhaust, this option is not for you.
- 5" Mufflers: The dimensions of these hand built mufflers are 5" diameter with a body length of 8" and offset inlet/outlet. These mufflers are the best option for a nice smooth exhaust note. The tone is nice and deep with volume being mellow with stock exhaust otherwise. When you decide to upgrade to an aftermarket downpipe or overpipe/downpipe combo, this exhaust really comes alive while remaining deep and smooth sounding. This axleback even keeps the volume down at a tolerable level with our catless header.
Our urethane bushings hold your exhaust in place better that the factory rubber bushings and are highly recommended if you race your car or enjoy spirited driving. During hard cornering the exhaust "wags" left to right which sometimes causes the tips to touch the bumper. When this happens there is a chance your bumper can be damaged. The best way to avoid this is to use our urethane exhaust bushings to hold the exhaust in place.
- 2 Bushings: Replace the two bushings at the rear of the car closest to the bumper. Recommend for those who either drive hard on the street or race occasionally at the track.
- 4 Bushings: Replace all 4 rubber bushings on the axleback portion of the exhaust. Recommended for people who race their cars often.
- 5 Bushings: Replace all 5 of the factory rubber bushings from the midpipe back. Recommended for those who are hard core autocrossers or circuit racers.